A painting I have for sale
The Highway Shaman Wisdom Reading
for July 19, 2020
Today I chose the LOVE card. Love is one of my favorite subjects. I list the types of love below under Readings. I usually refer to Spiritual Love – the type of love which recognizes the Divine Light in everyone and everything, where love is given to everyone as an act of loving God. And Self-Love – the positive feeling that you have about who you are and what you deserve. It often is expressed by treating yourself well, respecting yourself, wanting yourself to be happy and expecting others to respect you too. Today I also drew the INTEGRATION card. I’m Content with what I have and who I am. I’m satisfied and grateful. The CONSCIOUSNESS card says that I have no desire to keep trying to understand things from the sole perspective of the mind – that the understanding I have now is existential, whole, comes from my Spiritual and Self Love, and is in harmony with the pulse of life itself. I accept this great gift of Higher Consciousness, and share it freely in these blogs.
The Elements Tarot: INTEGRATION:
Consolidating experiences and revelations within the conscious mind. Bringing together and synthesizing all elements at work in your life.
REVERSED: Contentment with what you have and who you are. Satisfaction, thankfulness.
Osho Zen Tarot: Ace of Clouds – CONSCIOUSNESS:
We come from the unknown and we go on moving into the unknown. We will come again, we have been here thousands of times, and we will be here thousands of times. Your consciousness is something beyond body and mind, something beyond everything, that no-mind is eternal. It comes into expression and goes again into the unknown.
This movement from the unknown to the known, and from the known to the unknown, continues for eternity, unless somebody becomes enlightened. Then that is his last life, then this flower will not come back again. This flower that has become aware of itself need not come back to life because life is nothing but a school in which to learn. He has learned the lesson, he is now beyond delusions. He will move from the known for the first time not into the unknown, but into the unknowable.
When you choose this card, it means that there is a crystal clarity available right now, detached, rooted in the deep stillness that lies at the core of your being. There is no desire to understand from the perspective of the mind – the understanding you have now is existential, whole, in harmony with the pulse of life itself. Accept this great gift, and share it.
The Good Tarot – LOVE: Oneness.
“In all of life, there is only the illusion of separation. In fact, we are all reflections of one another. When I make choices, I tend to see things as either/or. What if every choice I make is about experience, a sharing and an exploring? When I choose to see the unity in all things, magic abounds. Love is all around me, Spirit loves me unconditionally, and I give and receive abundant love.”
Love is defined as an intense feeling of deep affection, an emotion.
I love spinach lasagna and carrot cake. I love my two sons. I loved my goldfish. I fed them every morning. But would I hug a goldfish, or whisper sweet nothings in her tiny fish ears, take her to a movie, making love just wouldn’t work; would I have a funeral when she dies? My goldfish in a casket? Won’t happen. And yet, I still say, “I love you little fishy.”
This gal told me that she loves me. I love her, too. But when I wanted to prove it, she had an entirely different definition of what loving me meant. A Thai hooker to two told me she loved me. It was appropriate for the moment.
English clumps too many meanings into one word. The Greeks had four different meanings for love:
– Agápe – refers to brotherly love, charity; the love of God for man and of man for God.
- – Éros – refers to love mostly as the sexual passion and intimate love.
- –Philia – refers to love as affectionate regard, friendship, usually between equals.
- –Storge – refers to love and affection, especially of parents and children.
So when I was thinking about my fish it was storge, and to that hooker it was eros, but she was thinking philia as to – I give you this and then you give me that.
In my relationship with most women it was, “I love you, but let’s get clear cowboy – it is not eros, it’s philia.”
Dr. Paulette Kouffman Sherman, the NY Love Examiner, lists 15 different types of love.
Her general conception of love has to do with a warm feeling based upon knowing and accepting someone. This relationship often involves mutual learning, caring and growth. Also, when you love someone you generally want them to be happy.
She asks, is love a concept, feeling or action?
Here are her 15 Different Kinds of Love:
1. Infatuation– loving feelings towards a love object that are largely based upon fantasy and idealization (instead of experience). Often when partners get to know each other, infatuation diminishes.
2. Romantic Love – An abiding love for a partner with whom you feel passion, attraction, caring and respect.
3. Eros – a passionate love usually involving sexual feelings for a love interest.
4. Companionate Love – feelings of warmth towards a friend with whom you love to spend time
5. Unconditional Love – A type of affection and caring that is so strong that you feel it consistently, regardless of what that other person does
6. Conditional Love – A love that requires specific action or conditions in order to be maintained. For example, at its extreme, a parent who gives very conditional love would only love his child when he gets straight A’s, becomes a surgeon and has two children. The love is based on outside conditions and when they do not occur, the love is withdrawn.
7. Puppy Love – A childish, innocent temporary crush on someone that you don’t know well.
8. Maternal Love – This term usually connotes love that is nurturing, accepting and protective. In actuality, this love can also be given by a father, etc.
9. Paternal Love – This term connotes love that involves guidance and some authority. Paternal love usually prepares a child to be ready for the outside world. Again, in reality this type of love is not gender specific.
10. Soul mate Love – This type of love is described as a love that has survived multiple life times. Not everyone believes in this concept.
11. Spiritual/Divine Love – This type of love recognizes the Divine light in everyone and everything. Love is given to everyone as an act of loving God.
12. Love of your country or patriotism – This is love for the place you live or the place that were born. It is a type of loyalty and a special feeling of belonging that you attribute to that specific geographic location.
13. Self-Love – This is a positive feeling that you have about who you are and what you deserve. It often is expressed by treating yourself well, respecting yourself, wanting yourself to be happy and expecting others to respect you too.
14. Brotherly Love – This term connotes having a feeling of love for your neighbor, because all humanity is considered to be part of a larger family of human beings.
15. Tough Love – This term is used to describe a love that is expressed by setting boundaries for the good of the other person. So for example, a parent may send their teenager to rehab if he is drug addicted, even if he does not want to go. They feel that this is an act of love because it stems from a desire for their son’s ultimate good and happiness.